No. Medgate teleconsultation is for outpatient, non-emergency cases only. Most outpatient, non-emergency illnesses can be managed by telemedicine. If your condition requires a face-to-face consultation or ER visit, our doctors or telemedical assistant will refer you accordingly.
You may reach out to us by calling our landline, mobile numbers or simply by sending us a private message on Facebook Messenger.
You will need to prepare the following:
- Be ready with these basic information:
- Patient Name
- Most recent contact number and email address
- Unique identifier
- For minor patient, be ready with immunization history, current height and weight of the child
- Be in a place with good signal.
- Be ready to take the call. Out of respect for other patients who are scheduled after your call, please make sure that all your activities are done prior to your scheduled appointment
If you’re a first time caller please expect the following:
1. Eligibility check – our Telemedical Assistant (TMA) will ask several questions pertaining to your eligibility;
2. Profile creation – a file will be created for you to keep all your records in one name;
3. Past medical history – our TMA will obtain pertinent information so our doctors can keep track of your medical history
4. Consultation – our doctors will ask questions based on your illness where the initial assessment is made. These steps will ensure that you receive the most appropriate care from our doctors. This whole process will take about 10 minutes, depending on your condition
Our policy does not allow our doctors to see patients outside Medgate.
Early intervention is also a concept we promote. If you feel sick but are not sure, you may call our doctors for a consultation so you’d be given the appropriate recommendations. You can also call us for wellness advise to ensure a healthier you.
Medical specialties are available at Medgate’s Telemedicine Center, some of which are OB-Gyne, Pediatrics, Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, General Practitioner among others.
Yes. Members can call us to seek more information about their condition or send us a copy of their lab results for medical interpretation.
If needed, an e-prescription is sent to your registered email address after the consultation. Please make sure you register an active email address.
Prior to refill, our doctors need to assess the patient for:
- Compliance in taking medications
- Stability of their condition
Patients must also send a copy of their previous prescription not be older than 90 days. Depending on the assessment, patient may be advised to follow up with their personal doctor already for their own safety.
Ancillary and Diagnostic tests are issued as deemed necessary by the doctors after a thorough evaluation of the patient’s history, symptoms and current condition. Issuance of requests for such tests are not based on the patient’s wish as our doctors will only give order for tests that are medically necessary for the patient.
Recommendations of the local health department and specialty unit guidelines are followed as well when dispensing the test requests.
If you have not received your treatment plans two hours after your consultation, kindly send us a message on our Facebook Messenger or call us through our landline or mobile numbers.
Just call or reach out to any of our touchpoints and have your details and membership details ready for verification. Our friendly Telemedical Assistants (TMA) will be more than happy to assist you.