Most of us is getting used to the “new normal” and working from home. Typically, before we get into our business and go to work or school, we get up, take a shower, wash our faces, and then eat breakfast. But because of the pandemic, most of us might have changed and skipped some of the usual routine.
Historically, a strong skincare practice in the Philippines has centered on treating skin with complicated rituals and harsh products.
Taking care of you skin should not be skipped even if circumstances may have changed.Here are a few ways on how you can care for your skin:
1. Wash your face – It is best to wash your face with lukewarm water to prevent stripping the oil our skin needs.
2. Moisturize your skin – To avoid dry skin, use a moisturizer that fits your skin type. For daily use, consider moisturizer that contains SPF
3. Limit your time in the sun – Protect yourself from the sun by applying sunscreen generously. Avoid the sun between 10AM to 4PM, when the sun’s rays are the strongest.
4. Avoid smoking – Smoking makes your skin look older and contributes to wrinkles. It also damages collagen and elastin – the fiber that give your skin strength and elasticity.
5. Hydrate – While drinking water does not directly hydrate the skin, it helps all the body systems to function better.
6. Prioritize sleep – Getting enough sleep will ease anxiety and stress.
7. Have a daily vitamin routine – Taking care of your skin is one, but looking out for your immune system is another. Take vitamins that will boost your immune system and your overall health.
Take care of yourself and be comfortable in your own skin. During this hard time, it is important that we maintain a healthy lifestyle by having a balanced diet, doing an exercise that you love and enjoy, and taking care of your overall well-being.