Currently, the Philippines has an approximate 850,000 confirmed cases. COVID-19 cases is still rising up to this day and we need to strictly follow health protocols if we want to lessen the upsurge and go back to the way things were.
COVID-19 can be transmitted through close contact and several situations such as: living or working with people, sharing items, and giving care to another person. When a family member has a virus, this can cause distress.
Follow to protect yourself and your family from acquiring the virus:
1. Always wash your hands thoroughly with soap. Good hygiene should always be observed. Regular handwashing should be done with either soap and water or an alcohol-based hand rub. In addition, avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth, to avoid introducing the virus from contaminated surfaces.
2. Stay away from crowded places. Stay at home as much as possible. If going out is needed, avoid crowded and indoor settings without good ventilation and always observe advised distance of 1-meter.
3. When coughing, always cover your mouth with a disposable tissue or bent elbow.
4. Wear a surgical mask. Always wear your face mask properly. Take note to replace your surgical mask after use.
5. Cook meat properly and thoroughly.
6. Drink plenty of water.
7. Get enough sleep to boost your immune system.
COVID-19 has changed us a lot in a different way. How we live, how we approach people, how we go grocery shopping, and how we think. We became careful about our surroundings and how we communicate with people around us. The virus is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person by droplets. When an infected person coughs, sneezes, or talks, and then these droplets lands in our mouths or nose, we can obtain the virus.
Prevention is key to staying healthy. Getting enough sleep, washing hands often, keeping your home and work environments clean and sanitized can go a long way towards being able to enjoy your life.
As the number of people with COVID-19 continues to increase, everyone has a role to play in taking care of themselves and their loved ones and slowing the spread of the new coronavirus.
Seek medical care early if you or one of your family members have a fever, cough, body malaise, or difficulty in breathing. This will help us in stopping the upsurge of cases in our country and defeat this pandemic.